Beach It Bay of Islands Tour - Overview
This tour is ideal if you want to escape Auckland city for a few days of fun in the sun or take a purposeful trip North of Auckland to experience and enjoy the stunning beaches. Aside from sand or water, this short trip gives you a great introduction into early New Zealand settlement and perceptional change of NZ forests from employment to conservation today.
Enjoy warm turquoise waters, golden beaches, superb cycle rides and fantastic hikes on this great journey around the winterless North. You'll have the chance to hike to the thundering Haruru Falls, or sand board in the Opononi sand dunes, view the tallest of the tallest of our native Kauri trees in Waipoua Forest or explore the historically significant town of Paihia.
Take the opportunity to sail the beautiful Bay of Islands, relaxing in the sun and watching the world go by. Visit the historic site where the signing of the New Zealand Treaty of Waitangi occurred and hike through towering, ancient Kauri forests as we discover the real beauty of New Zealand.
The ‘Beach It’ tour is a great taster for our unique and popular trip style and can easily be linked in with longer trips that will take you on a more comprehensive North Island tour, or even the full NZ monte!
If you have a few days after your trip why not extend it with one of these great trips:
- Grand Traverse Tour - This fantastic journey starts in Auckland and takes in the country's finest natural highs as you head south finishing in the adrenalin capital - Queenstown
- Northern Light Tour - If your journey begins in Auckland and you're heading South then jump on. In less than a week you will get to see an amazing range of diversity, enjoy fantastic hikes (including the Tongariro) and see some great thermal wonders. It’s the perfect way to cruise the North Island with plenty of beach action included.
Contact us for more information.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BEACH IT TOUR:
So, we know NZ and we know the awesome things that can be experienced. At Flying Kiwi we have devised the best possible short trip in order for you to experience the best of our Northland beaches. Your tour includes:
- Accommodation: Included is your accommodation in our carefully selected campsites staying in a shared tent, two people per tent. You can upgrade to your own tent for a small cost.
- Food: We enjoy good food and supply tasty & healthy meals suitable for all diets + hot drinks - details of which you can find on the itinerary pages (which outlines exactly what is included on a day-to-day basis).
- Hikes: There are heaps of free hikes including the Kauri forest walk.
- Bike rides: If you have hired one of our bikes then our guides will point you in the direction of incredible daily rides.
Use of sports equipment on board (bodyboards, frisbee and more dependent upon bus), amazing sunrises and sunsets at beautiful beachside campsites, and so much more!
Our bike rides page and hiking page gives you lots more detail into the rides and hikes our guides will show you along the way.
Our activities page above gives more detail on many of the free and optional activities that you might choose to do on your Beach It Tour and how it all works while on tour.
IMPORTANT THINGS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THE BEACH IT TOUR
For more useful information visit our how it works page.