JUNE SALE - Welcome to our biggest sale yet! Save a brilliant 20% on all bookings made in June 2019 (not to be used in conjunction with other discounts and excludes Student Tours and departures in December and January)
TOUR THE BEST OF BOTH ISLANDS:
If you love the outdoors and want to see the best of our country in under 3 weeks then this is the perfect option for you. You will get the chance to try some of the best hikes in the country, cycle through jaw dropping landscapes and try a catalogue of adventure activities from dolphin swimming to skydiving. Add in great food, one of the world's great train journeys, accommodation in great locations and a small group of new friends from around the World and you're ready for the trip of a lifetime.
Below are some of the key highlights on this trip:
- Accommodation in great locations: Our tours are all about saying in great spots away from the crowds. Wake up to pacific ocean sunrises and doze off under crystal clear night skies. We provide comfy mattresses for a great nights sleep + there are options to upgrade to cabins most nights (prices start from just $NZ15).
- Explore spectacular National parks: Home to some of the counties best hikes, bike rides and accommodation we take time to immerse you in these wonderful spots away from the towns and cities.
- Adventure activities galore: New Zealand is the adventure capital of the World and on this trip you will get to enjoy as much (as or little) adventure as you want. The options are limitless (see itinerary for details) from sailing, kayaking and skydiving to dolphin swimming, bungy jumping and boat cruises.
- Travel like a local and experience Maori culture: We love hanging out with other travellers but want you to experience, meet and get to know the locals. The places we stay, visit and even drink give you the chance to hang out kiwis! Form local pubs to Maori cultural experiences you'll leave our tour with a big piece of Kiwiana forever in your heart.
- Cycling and hiking options everyday: Our unique style of travel gives you access to the best hikes an rides in the country. You choose the distances that suit you and enjoy exploring away from the bus with your fellow passengers.
- Lord of the rings scenery: You've seen the films, now walk in the landscapes. From Mount Doom to Hobbiton you'll get up close and personal to these other worldly locations.
The World's best one day walk - the Tongariro Crossing
WHAT'S INCLUDED ON TOUR:
- Accommodation: Included is your accommodation in our carefully selected campsites staying in a shared tent, two people per tent. You can upgrade to your own tent for $NZ210.
- Queenstown Hostel Stay: We stay in Queenstown for two nights and we've chosen the perfect, centrally located hostel stay to maximise your time here - cost included!
- Food: We enjoy good food and supply tasty & healthy meals suitable for all diets + hot drinks. This trip includes 20 tasty breakfasts, 6 lunches and 13 evening meals.
- The TranzAlpine train journey: One of the world's great train journeys covering 223 kilometres (139 miles) one-way, taking just under 5 hours. You’ll traverse the majestic Canterbury Plains, to the backdrop of the mighty Southern Alps - the journey of a lifetime.
- Hikes: There are heaps of free hikes included in this trip. View a few of our favourites here.
- Museums and National Parks: Kiwis are a generous bunch - there are no costs to access the national museum and national parks.
- Seafood Feast: We enjoy great food on our trips but in Kaikoura we treat you all to a fresh seafood feast (priceless!) from one of the best seafood locations in New Zealand! This is a meal not to be missed!
- Wai-o-tapu Thermal Wonderland: Wai-o-tapu is New Zealand’s most colourful geo-thermal area featuring unique volcanic activity, bubbling mud pools, and steaming geysers.
- Cook Strait Ferry Crossing: Sit back and relax on the 3 hour scenic crossing between the North and South islands through the stunning Marlborough Sounds - eyes peeled for whales & dolphins.
- Use of Sports Equipment on Board: Body boards, frisbee and more depending upon the bus.
A few more of our free inclusions are Tongariro, Aoraki Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring & Fiordland National Parks, dig your own thermal pool on Hot Water beach (we provide the spades), the full-day Tongariro Crossing hike (bus transfer not included), Te Papa museum, Wellington Botanical Gardens, Church of the Good Shepherd in Tekapo, Otago Early Settlers museum, Hollyford camp quirky museum and of course amazing sunrises and sunsets at beautiful beachside campsites!
5 star views with awesome camping spots
Starting in Auckland the Overland Explorer tour finishes in Christchurch.
Customise Your Trip: If your arrival date into Auckland doesn’t match with our departure date, talk to our crew in the office about how we can make it work, perhaps you can start one or two days later in either Taupo or Rotorua, we will do our best to make it work for you.
HOW IT WORKS AND ACCOMMODATION:
Hostels: There is one night where camping isn’t feasible and we stay in a hostel (at your own cost). Your guides will sort all the details for this and payment is made locally on check-in (around $30 per person). Private rooms can be pre-booked prior to your tour on request subject to availability. Costs start from $75 per room.
Queenstown Hostel Stay: We stay in Queenstown for two nights and we've chosen the perfect, centrally located hostel stay to maximise your time here - cost included!
For more useful information visit our How It Works page.