Flying Kiwi trips are perfect for the more active traveller. In addition to the daily hike and cycle options we indulge in a heap of fantastic optional activities. There's a few things that make our activities different from the other operators and we have even managed to put them in a short and tidy list:
- optional hiking and cycling everyday - We carry bikes on board so you can cycle the distances you choose and there are a great range of hikes from short walks to 3 day treks
- a huge selection of optional activities - New Zealand is rightly considered the adventure capital of the World and we know why. We have tested, tried and tested again (because its so much fun) all the best activities from sailing to glacier hiking and you can pick and choose those you would like to try everyday.
- no pressure to participate - We understand that bungy and skydive isn't for everyone. Subsequently, we always ensure there are alternatives and free activities available so you can choose how to spend your day
- free use of sports gear on board - We have got bodyboards, rugby balls, cricket sets and even a mini library on all our buses so there's plenty to keep you entertained without spending money
- our guides DON'T get commission on activities - Unlike most backpacker buses our guides don't get commission when you jump off a bridge so they will just give you the information you need and let you make the choice
- longer hike options available - During your trip there are plenty of options to try overnight or longer hikes
- discounted rates - Travelling in a group is a great way of saving money. Not only does this mean your trip is great value but many optional activities are also discounted when you give them a go with your new mates.
- cultural experiences and local operators - as a kiwi owned and operated company we take time and effort to ensure we use local operators who reflect our values on sustainability and community. We also provide numerous opportunities to interact and learn about the Maori culture and people.
New Zealand is the perfect base for a variety of excellent activity options. We have taken the time to explore the best possible adventure activities at the best possible price. From skydiving to dolphin swimming and hiking to flying an aerobatic plane there is something for all tastes.
Find out more about optional adventure activities >
New Zealand is a paradise for walkers with many of the World's best walks. We have integrated them into our trip and also included a few excellent hikes to waterfalls and secret spots that other tourists don't know.
Find out more about optional hiking >
Exploring New Zealand by bike is the perfect way to escape the tourist crowds, experience the best landscapes up close and get fit at the same time! We have bikes on board and a range of cycle options everyday to suit all fitness levels.
Find out more about optional cycling >
- Ultimate Explorer Tour - from 27 days
- Reverse Traverse Tour - 14 or 15 days
- Grand Traverse Tour - 15 days
- Hot Rocks Tour - 9 or 10 days
- Northern Wanderer Tour - 8 days
- Beach It Tour - 4 days
- Northern Light Tour - 5 days
- Northern Express Tour - Auckland
Thanks Flying Kiwi for the best trip of my life. Every part of the tour was amazing.
Lindsey, UK, 2012